The Phanariote politician Theodoros Negris established another revolutionary administrative organization in Athens, the Areopagus of Eastern Continental Greece. He died in 1824, the same year that Stanhope decided to found a second printing press in Athens instead of Nafplion. Contrary to Mavrokordatos, Stanhope believed that the press had to be removed from the centers of administration and conflict. This printing house published a newspaper, the Newspaper of Athens (Εφημερίς των Αθηνών), with G. Psyllas as editor-in-chief. The printing equipment sent by Stanhope from Missolonghi was delayed for some time by Panos Kolokotronis and the press was eventually installed in Salamis, with Nicolaos Varotsis from Amphissa, who had learned the trade in Venice, as its printer. The announcement of the newspaper’s publication appeared on 6 July 1824, and the first issue was released on 20 August. The press was moved to Athens and then for a brief period to Salamis in May 1825, due to security concerns. It would eventually return to Athens, where it continued to function until August 1826, when Ottoman forces under Kütahi took the city. The printing house operated with one press and rudimentary equipment; it primarily served the administrative needs of the Athens Philomuse Society through the publication of four known books and pamphlets, and nine broadsides. The Athens printing house also published Athanasios Christopoulos’s Lyrics and Bacchics (Λυρικά και Βακχικά), a literary work completely unrelated to the other publications.