The history of the Nafplion printing house is closely connected with the seat of the Revolutionary Greek Government. The printing house of the Administration was established in Nafplion to produce the government gazette. Three different presses were in operation: a) one with French printing types that predated Mavrokordatos in Nafplion, b) one of the two lithographic presses that Stanhope had brought with him, and c) a new press, ordered from England for the express purpose of publishing the gazette. Pavlos Patrikios was appointed director of the printing house (February 1825), with Konstantinos Tombras as typesetter of the gazette. Theokletos Pharmakidis was appointed editor of the gazette in September 1825, and the first issue of the General Gazette of Greece (Γενική Εφημερίς της Ελλάδος) appeared on 7 October 1825. A few months later, however, trouble began to brew at the printing house due to conflicts between Pharmakidis and the legislative branch of the government (Bouleutiko) on the one hand, and protests and strikes by the printing house employees, on the other (7 March 1826). Konstantinos Tombras was denounced as the instigator of the strike and was imprisoned, while most of the strikers were fired. Following the resignation of Pharmakidis in June 1827, Giorgos Chrysidis was appointed director. Printing duties were assigned, in succession, to Pavlos Patrikios and George Mestheneas. The printing house followed the Administration whenever it was forced to change seats, first from Nafplion to Aigina, and then to Poros, back to Nafplion, and again to Aigina. It published a total of eighteen books and pamphlets, and 125 broadsides.